Saturday, August 31, 2013

 Michelle Rabe helms our guest blog spot today!

Michelle is raising funds for the publication of her novel. I thought this was a very interesting concept for you, readers and authors to learn about.

Aubrey.

Author Michelle Rabe

 We’ve all seen it, the bad rap that independent authors are getting. We have people attacking us, saying that we decided to go indie because our writing wasn’t good enough for a publisher to pick up. They lump all indie authors together and paint them with an unprofessional brush. I believe that they are mistaken.
I made the decision to independently publish because I wanted to have greater control over my work and yes I wanted a greater portion of any profits that I earn. Just because I have chosen to go it alone doesn’t mean that I want to cut corners. I still want to put out a high quality product and to do that I need to raise funds. I am lucky to be part of a community of like-minded creative people who are willing to give me discounts on their services and for that I am thankful but don’t want to take advantage of their generosity. The time and effort that goes into creating a cover, laying out the eBook, and even catching the grammar mistakes I’ve made deserve fair compensation. Beyond that no book is going to sell in a vacuum, it takes time and money to market the book so that it has the best chance to be successful. This project has been from the start and remains a labor of love. Love of storytelling and the process of refining the tale to create something that stays with the reader beyond the page.

 So, I am reaching out to the community of readers at large to help me see it through the final steps. I’ve started a crowd funding campaign on indiegogo.com. All money raised will be used for publication and marketing of ‘Cast in Blood’. Please take a look and even if you are unable to donate spread the word.

http://tinyurl.com/castinblood

 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Michelle-Rabe/247098858763273?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment