Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Author Spotlight day Three :

Today Starving Blades, Natasha's first novel is free today on Amazon! ?http://www.amazon.com/Starving-Blades-Otherworldly-Prophecies-ebook/dp/B009SZKBAW/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1377618856&sr=8-1&keywords=starving+Blades


 I thought I'd go ahead and post the review I did for the book a little bit ago. Once again when I review I do it a little differently, I look for something that holds on to me and is the 'lightening moment' every book has it and I look for it. I know when an author is writing because they are driven versus writing because it is profitable. The driven author no matter the subject will eventually reach me.

This was my review of Starving Blades.

 
Let me start off by saying I'm an atheist, that said I also enjoy Angelic lore, especially when it is told very well. There is a part of me who cannot shake the ol time religion as much as I like, so when I read books like this it is like running into a trusted old friend rather than something to run from.

I found this book terrifically written. The yearning and depression of a man who has lost his love, but determined to get her back again well done. There is a struggle between darkness and light revealing we all live in shades of grey. This brings me to the point of the book that grabbed me by the lapels and shook me. I speak often of the books I read having to have that one point where the connection has grounded me to it. This part came when Emeri speaks of his desire of a world based purely on a black and white society. Good- Evil – a clear dividing line with no grey area and possibly no free will. There is a starkness, a strictness to this thinking that makes you connect with those in danger, those "grey area" people he wants to destroy. After all, no matter if he believes in this clear cut categorised world, everyone is a grey in reality, no one can be purely black or white- good or evil- we are all shades of unwanted grey.

Well done, indeed.


Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment