Saturday, August 17, 2013


How does it feel to be a misfit? I can tell you from my perspective it can be both wonderful and lonely.

* Wonderful :
I say this because I feel really good about who I am and what I do. I enjoy my work and the stories I tell it's a labor of love and not of pain. Being around other eclectic dreamers is stimulating and exciting.


* Lonely :
It feels as though there aren't as many eclectic dreamers left in the world. Often you hear about wonderful creations from authors or artists of the fantastic only after their deaths. Sadly, more often than not, you find they were often broke, misunderstood, and ignored during their lifetime. The world feels huge and sometimes against you when you hear of an author who made 90 million dollars in one year, while you struggle to wonder if you can pay your rent or if you have to take a second job. You wonder if you'll die penniless and ignored but also long for someone to discover you even if it be ages from now and hold you as valuable.



Being an independent misfit author is hard work; that is fact. The hardest part is putting in the hours which would usually be spent writing, to promote in order to sell your books; spending as much time as possible to gain readers as well as network with bloggers/book lover pages, and other authors. Yet with so much work done, at times, it still feels as if no one out there is listening.

Aubrey





No comments:

Post a Comment