Friday, August 16, 2013

Welcome to the blog, this is the inaugural post. Let me introduce myself and why I have created this blog.

I am Aubrey Diamant, the other half of the writing partnership known as Diamant. We write the Night Boys series of novels which are available on amazon world wide- but enough of that. I noticed in a stormy sea of independant authors little eclectic and unique writers were getting crushed by the mainstream genres that dominate the community.

So many of us don't fit in, so we are in a sense lost, and stranded on the Island of Misfit toys! Yes, start singing the song I know you know it..

So much like the King of the Island of Misfit toys am I gathering my toys from all over the world and giving them a place to be noticed and paid attention to. I don't want the "next hot best thing" I want good stories, odd ball writers who have amazing dreams and stories to tell, gonzo writers, and dreamers who have found that being ignored by their own community for being a misfit is a very dark place. Good news is its pretty crowded here and I want to aim some light instead of shade.

I hope to be able to introduce you to a new author once a week, we'll talk to them, show you their projects, their pages and blogs, and review what they have to offer.

We'll also promote new projects from our past author spot lights and continue to share on fb as well. So look for the Island to appear on Facebook soon!

I will have to have a waiting list and may have to ask for assistants as already there is enough interest that we may need some extra hands to help.

Watch this spot I will be trying to post once a day depending on my work load(I have a dreaded night job)

Hello my fellow misfits, and welcome to a place for you.
Aubrey

4 comments:

  1. This excites me and it's a wonderful solution to what we were discussing! <3 I'll help as much as I can, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am hoping we grow and continue to help others be seen. There is a lot of ego out there and people help to a certain extent but only if it gives them any sort of gain. I'm doing this because I see so many authors crying out in this massive community : "I'm different why won't you give me a chance?"

    It is now time to give the different a chance.
    Aubrey Diamant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Wishing you good luck and much success with this project! I hope you'll gain lots of followers who will spread the word about us "misfits and rebels" (a quote from a Marc Almond song). You know, I've always been drawn to things that are different so I feel that for once I might fit in on this island of yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed this, I'm still learning about the comment process. Thanks and welcome Mel! I hope we gain more followers and also get some exposure to the authors who need it the most. Weirdos, Misfits, Gonzos and rebels united.
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete